I dedicate this post to a couple of shoutouts to some important people in my life.
1. My boyfriend, Aaron. We’re a roller-coaster, the way we are, but I love every minute of it and couldn’t ask for a better person to be with. Thanks for being there for me when I needed you most, especially this weekend. Much love.
2. Aunt Melva – In your passing, I decided to dedicate this in your name. God knows I will miss every minute spent with you and I know it’ll be tough for everyone in your loss, but you’re in a better place now.
3. Great Aunt Jean – You were my grandmother’s best friend, and last at that. I’m so glad I met you on my visit to Chicago. It’s truly a pleasure to know such a strong woman who raised such strong children. To have known you was an honor, indeed.
4. Aunt Peggy – You were the final person to help me come out to my parents. Being a lesbian really opened a few doors to ask questions when I felt pretty lost about myself. I knew you were different from the moment I met you, and you will always be remembered.
5. Ben, and Brad – You guys are awesome. I need no explanation for that.
It’s been a pretty rough couple of weeks for my family but that’s life and we have to make the most of it. All I can say is that I don’t know what I’d do without Aaron Morrow, or my friends, family, and those who actually care enough to read about my life. So thanks, keep me in your prayers and/or thoughts.
With much love,